It’s hard to believe this beautiful young lady is a senior! I first met (and photographed) Madison during her older sister, Riley’s senior portrait session. In the spring of 2013, I photographed Madison and Riley together ( view session here) and now she’s getting her own senior pictures taken!! It has been such an honor getting to know this wonderful family. I love talking to Julie (aka mom) about this stage of her life. I had a hard time sending Caden off to kindergarten last week so I can only imagine how Julie feels sending her baby off to her senior year of high school! This session was so much fun and different than any other. Photographing in the rain was a new experience for me. The sky was so pretty giving me some really great light to work with and I LOVE the wet hair look we got! It’s definitely something you can’t plan for and it’s something you don’t see very often. I try to give each senior I photograph a different experience and look, I’m confident we achieved that in this session. Her fabulous pink scooter was a great addition as well!
1. What extracurricular activities are you involved in? List off any sports, interests, hobbies, or organizations you participate in.
I cheer at Decatur Christian High School, and I enjoy hanging out with my friends, swimming, riding scooters and bikes, and fishing.
2. What kind of look were you going for in your senior photos?
I was going for a more mature look. I wanted something that no one else would have in their pictures.
3. How would you describe your photo session experience?
Super fun and wet!
4. What’s one piece of advice you’d give to anyone getting their senior photos taken?
Put your outfits and accessories together, because it will be faster getting ready. And take extra outfits to choose from!
5. How many outfits did you take?
I took 5 outfits.
6. Would you have taken more or less, reasons why?
I would have taken more because I love how my pictures turned out, and Julie is super fun.
7. Did you accessorize differently with each outfit? If you have any tips on how many accessories, jewelry, shoes, headbands, etc. they should bring, please list those tips here.
Yes, I tried to match my accessories with my outfits, and take extra jewelry so you have more to choose from with your outfits.
8. Any tips on how to prepare for the session?
Get all your clothes and accessories together the day before so you don’t forget anything!
9. Any tips on what to bring?
Extra clothes and jewelry so you have different choices, and don’t forget lipstick!
10. Any tips on hair/makeup?
Do your make up light, you don’t want to cake it on. I preferred curled hair because straight hair can be a little boring.
11. Did you have your hair/makeup professionally done and absolutely LOVE the outcome? List those vendors here, along with the site, facebook page and city.
I had my hair done by a close family friend Katie Stephens from Taylorville and she is located at Contemporary Cuts Salon. She is awesome. www.facebook.com/katie.stephens
12. Did you find a store that had everything you were looking for? Use this space to talk about favorite shops. If we shot 3 different looks, try to mention where you got your clothes, shoes, headbands, accessories for those looks.
Yes, I got all of my clothes and accessories from Buckle in Springfield mall. They had everything I was looking for and everything matches there.
13. What were you most anxious, nervous or fearful about prior to your session and what was the outcome?
I was nervous that I wasn’t going to look good in my pictures, I was scared that I was either going to look really good or really bad.
14. Let’s talk about locations. What location(s) did you choose for your session? What did you think about the locations you used for your session? Do you wish you would have gone some place different or would you suggest where you went?
I told Julie what I was looking for, I was really laid back, and she took me to different places downtown Decatur and a grassy area at Rock Springs.
Madison, Thank you for having me photograph you during this exciting time of your life. You are such a beautiful young lady, inside and out! I wish you much success in life….no doubt you will be able to do whatever you put your mind to! Can’t wait to see what wonderful things come your way.